Flashlights are used by people all over the world to work in the dark or if they have to travel somewhere at night. Flashlights just like other electrical appliances sometimes need maintenance in their different parts to work properly.
You can easily fix any issue with the flashlights yourself without seeing the mechanic. If you are also struggling with the switch button of your flashlight then follow the instructions below. In this article, we will discuss step by step how to fix the push button on the flashlight.
Steps for Fixing the Push Button Flashlight Switch
- First, gently remove the rubber cap, in most flashlights it is press-fitted. In some cases you have to unscrew it.
- Look into the tail cap and you will observe a silver ring or in some cases a snap ring. If you have a snap ring in your flashlight then that does not require tightening.
- Use a fine tweezer or any object and try turning the silver ring clockwise. If the ring moves or feels loose then it’s not working properly and causing the flashlight to not work properly.
- In another scenario, if the ring is not loosened or doesn’t move then unscrew the ring from the flashlight by moving it counterclockwise, also remove all the button parts from the cap.
- Try cleaning the pressure end and pin with the alcohol. In most cases just cleaning will be sufficient to get it back to work.
- Now put back all parts and see if it’s working fine or not, if not then the issue is in some other part not in the switch or push button of the flashlight.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I Fix the Push Button of the Flashlight Myself?
Yeah, you can easily fix this issue yourself at home if you have the tools available. Above, we have provided you with a complete guide about fixing the push button on your own.
Can We Buy a New Tail Cap or Tail Switch for Our Flashlights?
The parts of flashlights are easily available. You can buy them from the market or from an online store.
Can I Change the Button on My Flashlight?
Yes, if the button of the flashlight is damaged or broken, you can buy a new one and replace the broken button with it instead of buying a new flashlight which is way more expensive than replacing a button.
Why Do Push Buttons of Flashlights Stop Working or Get Damaged?
It can be due to a variety of reasons, maybe the quality of the button being used is not good or over usage of the switch button. There can also be a manufacturing defect which is rare because these flashlights are double checked before sending to customers.
Flashlight repairing is not as difficult as its thought. If there is a minor problem like the switch button is not working you can easily fix it by following the above procedure. The issue can be with the ring inside the tailcap or extensive use of the button has damaged its other parts.
The issue of the push button is very simple as compared to other issues like the LED drivers. So one can easily handle this push-button maintenance himself.