Floor lamps like other electrical appliances are prone to electrical faults. It can have various electrical issues like bulb not working or switch issue.
If you have a swing arm floor lamp, and it has wiring issues, don’t get worried, we have got your covered.
In this article, we have put together a complete step-by-step guide that you can follow to get the process done.
Steps for Rewiring a Swing Arm Floor Lamp
You can rewire a floor lamp yourself without hiring a skilled electrician, it will take about an hour to rewire it. Follow the steps below:
- First, unassemble the lamp completely after unplugging its switch from the wall outlet. Safely place all its parts on a flat surface so keep them away from any damage.
- Unplug the wire of a lamp with the help of a screwdriver from the socket of the lamp.
- Replace the old cord of the lamp with a new cord and insulate up to 3 inches of its edges on both ends.
- Attach the wire to its terminal and tighten the screws so it doesn’t come out after that. After connecting one end to the electrical plug attach the other end of the wire to a bulb socket in a similar way.
- Finally, assemble back the floor lamp completely and check if the lamp is working or not. If not then double-check if the wires are connected and tighten properly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I Rewire a Floor Lamp Myself?
It is not as difficult as we consider if our lamp has a standard switch and cor we can rewire it easily.
How Much Does it Cost to Rewire a Floor Lamp?
It can cost from 5$ to 10$ to rewire a floor lamp. The price can vary depending on the quality of the cord.
All Floor Lamps are Rewired in the Same Way or Not?
It depends on the variety of floor lamps you have but most of the lamps have the same procedure of rewiring.
Floor lamps require very low maintenance but sometimes they require a bit of tweaking. If the wiring of a floor lamp is damaged then try rewiring it. The procedure is very simple replacing an old one with a new one.
It requires just a little bit of skill and you don’t need to be a professional to rewire a swing arm floor lamp. You just need a piece of knowledge about hot wire and neutral wire and attach them to their related terminals.
Leave a Reply