We have seen very often people need to repair their lamp but after that, they forget the way of reassembling their lamp. Also, some people buy lamps that are not assembled you need to assemble all the pieces yourself.
If you have also pulled apart your floor lamp or bought a unassemble floor lamp and don’t know how to put the floor lamp back together then follow the instructions describe below in this article.
Steps for Putting Back Lamp Together
- First, make sure to assemble all the parts of the lamps in one place.
- Now put the base of a floor lamp on a flat surface like a table or on the floor, the base of a lamp has a hole in the center from which we pass the electric wire all the way to the bottom for safe exist.
- The body of a lamp has usually two holes one at the top and the other at the bottom of the body.
- Slide an iron or steel rod of the lamp through the top hole and it comes out of the bottom hole. Now tighten the screw by placing the washer on the end of the rod, in some old models you just need to turn the base to tight it.
- Pass your wire from bottom to top of the lamp and place the lock nut at the end and wrap the wire around it.
- Now place the neck or use a harp instead of it.
- Screw the socket to the bottom of the harp in the right way. After that try wrapping wire around the screws of sockets, neutral wire around the silver screw, and hot wire around the gold screw.
- Now fully cover the bulb socket by placing the socket shell over the bulb socket.
- Now fit in the bulb, by squeezing the harp into the bottom of the shell make sure to squeeze the end of the harp in the shell only.
Most of the lamps are the same and have an equal number of pieces but some modern lamps may have more pieces try fitting them in the right place if you are not able to adjust them try contacting the specialist.
All the pieces should be assembled in the right way so the lamp doesn’t fall in any direction and looks straight on the table.
Keeping Lamp From Tipping Over
Best Floor Lamp for Ambient Lighting
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I Put Back My Lamp Together at Home by Myself?
You don’t need to contact manufacturers or specialists to assemble your lamp, it can be easily done at home by one itself.
Do All Lamps Assemble in the Same Way?
Almost all lamps have the same assembling steps but there are some exceptions, where you may need to put more pieces together but it is a rare commodity.
Do We Need to Have Electrical Knowledge for Connecting Wires While Putting Together a Lamp?
You just need a common knowledge about two wires neutral and hot wire for connecting them, everyone can connect them you don’t need to be a professional electrician to do it.
How Much Time Does it Take to Put Together a Lamp?
It varies from person to person but on average it takes about 20-30 minutes to put back a lamp together.
We see people consider it a very difficult thing to assemble a floor lamp but in reality, it’s a simple process. You just need to follow the steps mentioned in this article and you are good enough to put back a lamp together after pulling it apart for repair.
It can save both your money and time if you are able to put it back together by yourself.
Leave a Reply