Floor Lamp is almost present in all houses, they are used for light purposes as well as decoration pieces in your rooms. They stand on their own using a thin round pole and a base.
With the passage of time may the lamp lean due to a loose pole grip and start leaning in one direction. If you also face this problem and want to know how to fix a lamp pole then you are in the right place.
In this article, we will discuss step by step the procedures of repairing the pole of a floor lamp.
How to Fix a Floor Lamp Pole – Steps
Many people just go through the lamps after finding the sagging or leaning because they don’t know how to repair them. It is a simple process and you can do it at home if you have related tools, which are almost available in all homes.
Lets discuss How to Fix a Floor Lamp Pole with the helps of the following steps:
- First, unplug the lamp from the socket and make sure the bulb has been cool down before going further repairs
- Now find the loosened part of the lamp by gently touching different joints of the lamp.
- If you find any loose parts gently tighten that with the help of a tightening tool.
- Now recheck if all parts of the lamp are tight and if any part is still loose tight it.
- In most cases, this will fix the issue.
- Otherwise, gently place the lamp on a soft surface and open all its parts and observe if the pole is broken or not.
- If you find that the pole of a lamp is broken, replace it with a new one or try repairing the broken one if possible.
Also Check: How to Rewire a Floor Lamp
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I Repair a Lamp Myself Without Visiting an Expert?
As described above it is a simple process and can easily be done by anyone at home, so no need to pay anyone for this simple work.
How Much Time Does it Take to Repair a Loose Pole of a Floor Lamp?
It is not a time-consuming process and can be done in a matter of minutes. If the pole is not broken you can easily tight all its joints in 10-15minutes.
Will all Floor lamps Be Repaired By this Process?
Almost all floor lamps have similar parts assembled in the same way just vary in size and external shape. That’s why you don’t need different repairing procedures for different floor lamps; it can be done by one simple method.
Floor lamps are expensive so it is better to repair them instead of throwing and spending a huge amount of money on buying new lamps.
You can easily repair them at home yourself and save a lot of money. Which can be spent on other things for your room. In this guide, we have explained the complete procedure of fixing a floor lamp pole. Above all, we would recommend you baby-proof your floor lamp for extended life.