People usually change the shade of their lamps regularly, they do this because sometimes the old ones are not new anymore. Also, people also change shade because they want a new look in the room or to adjust according to the decor of the room.
If you also want a change but don’t know how to change lamp shade fitting then this article is for you.
Read the details carefully and after that, you will be able to change the fitting on your own without anyone else help.
Steps for Changing the Lamp Shade Fitting
Before changing the lampshade you need to be sure what type of new shade you want. If you want more light then buy a larger shade in comparison to the old one you are already using. The lamps come in two different types of shades, we will discuss each of them below.
If the Lampshade is Lightbulb Accessible
- Make sure to turn off the light switch as a safety measure and then unscrew the bulb with the help of a screwdriver.
- Now locate the mounting screws, , most lampshades have three mounting screws. After locating them loosen them with the help of a screwdriver to set a shade-free.
- Replace the old shade and place a new shade instead of it into the mount. Tight all the mounting screws which will hold the new shade.
- Now replace the old bulb.
- Turn on the switch to check it.
If the Lampshade is Not Lightbulb Accessible:
- First, hold the lampshade in one hand and loosen all the decorative nuts beneath the shade. You can do this with the help of a screwdriver, if nuts are stiff and not turning then try using pile drivers instead of screwdrivers.
- Now take off the old lampshade after decorative nuts have been loosened.
- Set the new lampshade in the mounting hole and tighten all the decorative nuts.
- Now for testing the lampshade turn on the switch.
How to Keep Lamp from Tipping Over
How Tall Should Be a Floor Lamp
How to Setup a Smart Floor lamp
How to Decorate Using a Floor Lamp
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do all Lamps Have the Same Lampshade Fitting?
No the fitting of lampshades depends on the size of the lamp you have, of course, there are some standard sizes of lampshades that fit in most of the lamps of their sizes.
How do I Know if the Lampshade Will Fit?
If you have done the proper size of your older lampshade you can buy a new lampshade of the same size otherwise it will look unbalanced if it is too short or too large.
How Big Lampshade is Perfect for a Lamp?
To give your lamp a proper look the size of the lamp should be double the base of a lamp and the height should be ⅓ of the height of the lamp.
What Should We Do with the old Lampshade?
You can put your old lampshade upside down and in front of the ceiling bulb, it will give great light instead of the ugly light that your bulb produces.
Lampshades are changed by people to get different light and enhance the beauty of your room or get rid of disturbing light. You can change your lampshade yourself. Both lightbulbs accessible and non-lightbulb accessible lampshades are changeable.
Above, we have compiled the complete steps for changing the lampshades on both of these floor lamp types.
Leave a Reply